Smuggled Sounds

live concerts bootleg ROIO

Whatever the music .. it is all about live music

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the Police - Message in a Bottle


Message in a bottle
Walking on the moon
Oh my God! (cut)
De do do do de da da da
Wrapped around your fingers
THE POLICE - Nimes, Les Arenes - 23 September 1983Tea in the Sahara (cut)
Hole in my life
One World (not three)
Don't stand so close to me
Every breath you take
Roxanne
I can't stand losing you / Reggatta de blanc
So lonely (cut)


SOURCERBSOUND QUALITYB+ FORMATMp3 BITRATE192 TRACKS #13 
LOCATION / VENUENimes Arena DATE23 September 1983
NOTES:

This one was requested to me, so I took the chance to pick up the dusty tape and transfer the content on my hard disk for you benefit. This one was traded back in 1991. I doesn't sound very much a radio broadcast to me, but there are a few elements for which I suspect I suspect this IS actually from radio:
- I got it from the french guy who taped it, and he said he did it from the radio.
- RTL broadcasted in AM until mid-80's, which explains why the sound is not as clean as a FM programme.
- the audience is almost non-existent is the recording, which means that the recording is probably taken from soundboard
- other RTL shows around the same period (even from The Police) have the same 'kind' of sound.
- some tracks are cut off; the taper explained me that he had cut off the nasty speaker interrupting the music. However, it's up to you to decide. The gig is quite enjoyable. Sting introduces some of the songs in french, as he was used to do during the 1983 french tour. 

Labels: ,


Bookmark and Share

For unlimited download and no waiting time: Buy Premium account

0 Comments:

<< Home

    NAVIGATE THROUGH THE